Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Retrieving data from Z table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expets

I created a Z table in this i made storage unit no as a primary key. while accessing(retrieving) the data from the Z table, passing storage unit no, I am n't able get the output. Please give me a solution for this.

Thanks

Mani.S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am just guessing as you have not provided more details.

Change the data type of the key field from CHAR to NUMC.

12 REPLIES 12

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am just guessing as you have not provided more details.

Change the data type of the key field from CHAR to NUMC.

0 Kudos

hI

Actually i created z table in which i have following fields matnr lgnum erdat when i pass matnr to z table i can retrive data but when i pass storage unit number with zeros and without zeros to the table . i cant able to fetch it shows error message no table entries found for specified key. i am just passing value to z table not in program

0 Kudos

Hi mani.s ,

first of all try and add mandt field and second suggestion sound to be a bit silly but check wheather u have entered zero or alphabet 'O' in ur lgnum enteries .

0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

i added mandt field and checked by passing zeros also still i am not getting

0 Kudos

Actually i created z table in which i have following fields matnr lgnum erdat when i pass matnr to z table i can retrive data but when i pass storage unit number with zeros and without zeros to the table . i cant able to fetch it shows error message no table entries found for specified key. i am just passing value to z table not in program

Provide the details(data type) of the particular field, 2 records from the table and your input, details if conversion exit used in domain.

Kesav

0 Kudos

Hi S.mani ,

Do u mind giving the enteries which u have entered in ur table lgnum field ??

regards

ranjan

0 Kudos

try using CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT .. before passing it to table

0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

I used field name suno and data element as lgum and i passing suno value if i do with same in standard table in linv for lgnum field i am getting value but i am not getting in my z table.

0 Kudos

Hi,

ok I am trying to create entries for the z table by create entries it is not saving storage unit number in database

deepak_dhamat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

@mani : Please check you might have created Table with field

MANDT -Client

storage unit no - Primary key .

a

b

c

But according to table creation you will be storing only Single value in Table .

check whether you are passing the same value which is present in Table entry .

Check table entry using SE16

regards

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani.S ,

Can you elaborate ur problem in detail , means weather u fetching data on same client or not and if possible paste ur code .

Regards

Ranjan Tiwari

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which domain/data element did you use for "storage unit number", if it is the standard "LENUM", there is a conversion exit "LENUM". Check that you respect this conversion unit when reading from database but also when inserting into database. Use CONVERSION_EXIT_LENUM_INPUT to convert external format (display) to internal (database)

Regards,

Raymond