Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in generation of Picking list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

The scenario: Picking list is printed as soon as the delivery is saved. The program and layout are working fine.

Example: let a delivery is being saved with reference to a sales order with only one line item ( for simplicity), and let the quantity to be delivered that is delivery quantity (LIPSD-G_LFIMG, on screen) be 2, now there are three cases:

1. before saving the delivery if NO Picking quantity (LIPSD-PIKMG, on screen) is entered, The picking list is printed, here the field VBUP-KOSTA (picking status field) is having value 'A', and field VBUK-KOSTK(Overall Picking status)is also having value 'A', and the picking list is printed.

2. before saving the delivery if Picking quantity (LIPSD-PIKMG, on screen) is entered as 1, the field VBUP-KOSTA (picking status field) is having value 'B', and field VBUK-KOSTK( Overall Picking status) is also having value 'B', and the picking list is printed.

3. before saving the delivery if Picking quantity (LIPSD-PIKMG, on screen) is entered as 2, the field VBUP-KOSTA (picking status field) is having value 'C', and field VBUK-KOSTK( Overall Picking status) is also having value 'C', and the picking list is NOT printed.

I think the check is only done on VBUK-KOSTK for the picking list print, as in case 3, i changed the value of VBUK-KOSTK back to 'A' by using the user exit USEREXIT_SET_STATUS_VBUK in include LV45P079 as a result of which the picking list was printed, but it also stored the VBUK-KOSTK value as 'A' in the database table which is undesirable, as it should be saved with its earlier value, before it was explicitly made 'A'.

So, my requirement is to Print the picking list, even if the delivery quantity and picking quantity is same for any number of line items.

How can i solve this problem?? Speedy help requested.

thanks,

Sharon.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharon,

I'm not sure this solves your problem, but the program that drives the pick list is RVADEK01. You can make a copy of that program, modify it such that this check is skipped, and reassign this program to the pick list output type just as you might have done for the form (V/38 or V/53).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks joel for the reply,

But the scnario has changed now.. in the output control, "Relevant for picking" check box has been unchecked which means the "picking quantity" field in the delivery (vl01n) in the delivery screen has been greyed out. But the picking list is not printed.

The requirement is to print the picking list, even if the order is not relevant for picking.

thanks

sharon

0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

Looks like you need this pick list no matter what the status of the document is and what the picking relevancy is. Why don't you create an output type that is assigned to the document all the time and then create this form as it is. If you are trying to use the standard output type and standard form and standard routine, then system is going to behave the standard way, that is to create a pick list when it is relevant for picking and only if the status is not complete. The system logic is that a pick list is supposed to tell your warehouse as to what needs to be picked and if there is nothing to be picked or if the item not relevant for the picking then it doesn't need to be there on this list.

So if you want a list similar to the pick list, have the logic replicated minus the pre-conditions about picking status etc, have the form copied and then create and assign it to a new output type.

Regards,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Sharon,

I agree--to make this work as you wish you will need to copy the program, modify it appropriately, and assign it to an output type. There generally are not user-exits, etc for forms and copying and modifying is very common.

Cheers.

Joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks srinivas and Joel,

the above problem has been solved, and done by creating a delivery output type, instead of a picking one, and attaching the print program and modified form to to it.

thanks

sharon

0 Kudos

Great news. Glad to be of help. Can you please close the post?

Regards,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

yes srinivas, i am new to the forum.. how to stop the post???

i searched it on the page but could not find any clue...

Sharon

0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

Two ways to close. If any of the posts solved your problem, you will give them the full points by selecting 'Problem solved' next to their post(like you rewarded 'very helpful' points).

Another way is if you solved it yourself, then select the radiobutton 'Solved it on my own' at the bottom of your question.

Welcome to SDN.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

I am having the same issue as your post explains. I realize that you were able to solve this but are you using warehouse management or is this SD picking? My requirement is to use SD type V2 but with a warehouse number (transfer order). Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Russ Price