Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in double-click on a perform statement in abap editor

former_member537489
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was asked to modify a program but as I tried to read it in se38, I could not double click in performs. Their forms are placed in INCLUDES which are stated in the program. So every time i want to see what a perform does, I go into every include and try to search it by name, which is extremely tiring....

Does anybody have any idea why that happens??? In all my other programs 'double-clicking' works fine in se38.

Please help.

Roxani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Note down the INCLUDE name of the forms.

2. Go to main program and add this INCLUDE, save the

program and activate.

3. Now double click the perform, it will go.

I hope this may solve your problem.

Regs,

Venkat Ramanan

11 REPLIES 11

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) try it with se80

2) edit-more functions expand includes

Andreas

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use SE80 to navigate, give the Main program name,

then it will show the includes etc..

from there you can naviagate...

regards

vijay

former_member537489
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers, indeed if I do se80 it is easier to manipulate the code and the includes.

But I still wonder what could be the difference between my other programs and this one, as my editor cannot understand the double-clicking. I tried to use the Pretty printer in my code, but this doesn't make things better. What can I do to activate double clicking???

0 Kudos

Hi Roxani!

Open the program with SE80 (or start with include in SE38 and push 'show object list' CTRLShiftF5).

Then right click program name (in the object list, not in the input field), -> Other functions -> Rebuild object list. It's something like a new generation, but not of the coding itself, it's for SAP's metadata.

This will repair navigation problems.

Regards,

Christian

former_member537489
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

thanks for your reply, It seems we are on the right track because when I did se80 and tried to find those includes in the object list, I couldn't. They were not there. Also when I double clicked on the includes and did ctrlshiftF5 it showed me the initial program and not the include.

I tried to perform the steps you indicated right clicking on the program name , and doing More Functions, but the option "Rebuild object list" was not there.

Please help.

Thanks

Roxani

0 Kudos

Hi Roxani!

Rebuild object list will only work for a program, not an include. Because currently this link is not found automatically (but it can be seen in coding, no doubt about that), you can't navigate to main program.

Enter the main program in SE80 manually, from here rebuild should be possible. Only after a rebuild all includes will be visible.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Note down the INCLUDE name of the forms.

2. Go to main program and add this INCLUDE, save the

program and activate.

3. Now double click the perform, it will go.

I hope this may solve your problem.

Regs,

Venkat Ramanan

0 Kudos

Thanks for all your replies.

Christian,is there another place I can do a rebuild of the program? in doing right click-->more functions I can only see the options "Print, Documentation, Object Catalog entry, Change development class, write request"

There is nothing more. Is there a transaction or something I can go and put my program to rebuild it???

0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know any other place. Even when I right-click 'just' an include, I get in addition menu point 'version management'.

Which SAP-version you are on? I think it's only >620.

But I found OSS-note 15447: in older release it's somewhere else. But also most up-to-date systems might have problems, see note 920177.

Just have a search with 'navigation' in module BC-DWB, here a small list with relevant notes will be found.

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos

Go to SE38 and display the main program. In the menu, one of the options will be 'Update Navigation Index'. Do that and you should be good to go.

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for their responce.

Dear Srinivas, thanks for your reply, it gave me the solution I needed.

Regards,

Roxani