Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in document creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a very serious problem in saving the documents.

Whenever I create RFQ (ME41) and Save it.

It gets Saved and with the document number.

But if I go to document display (ME43) and the enter the document number created. the system gives the message.

"Document XXX does not exist"

I am in functional consultant therefore I am not able to make out why this is happening?

Please suggest me what are the areas I need to look to resolve this issue.

Please give me your valuable inputs.

Thanks and warm regards,

Sheetal Hirde

2 REPLIES 2

geetha_k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,u will check this once...

[http://web.mit.edu/sapr3/windocs/bpsps01m.htm]

geetha_k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

REGULAR PURCHASE ORDER

Create a requisition (ME51) >>> First release of requisition (ME54 initiates Workflow) >>> Approval (Workflow/ME54) >>> Purchasing assigns the requisition to a buyer (MASSREQ) >>> Buyer assigns material group (MASSREQ) >>> Create RFQ with reference to requisition (ME41) >>> Release RFQ (ME45) >>> Maintain RFQ - date and time received (ME47) >>> Maintain RFQ - price, shipping terms, payment terms, etc. (ME47) >>> Price analysis/Bid tabulation (ME49) >>> Send RFQ results to department with memo >>> Department reviews RFQ and returns award recommendation to Purchasing >>> Create PO with reference to RFQ (ME21N) >>> Release PO (ME28) >>> PO Print copies for department, vendor, Purchasing >>>Department receives material ordered >>> Department pays invoice (MIRO).

FRAMEWORK PURCHASE ORDER

Department will make a request for a Framework Order (In legacy, known as a Blanket PO). The words u2018Framework Orderu2019 must appear in the first line item of the requisition. In the Value Price Field, the value of .01 will be entered in order to avoid encumbering funds. The estimated price for each item should be included in the Additional Information text field for each line item of the requisition. The purchasing process will follow the same procedure as outlined in the Regular Purchase Order process above, except the invoices will be paid using the FB60 transaction. When paying the invoice, the Framework Order number must be entered in the Reference field.

PURCHASE ORDERS BASED ON DELEGATED PURCHASING AUTHORITY

Only departments with delegated purchasing may use this process. Procedures for delegated purchasing are outlined in the PD-2 form that was furnished to the department when delegated purchasing authority was granted. To finalize the purchase of items procured using delegated authority, the department will submit a requisition in IRIS following the procedure listed in the Regular Purchase Order process above, with the following exceptions:

u2022 On line item 001 of the requisition, in the Short Text field, the word u2018Delegatedu2019 must be the first word.

u2022 Information other than Short Text information should be sent in the appropriate field in line item 001, regardless of the number of line items in the requisition.

u2022 All paper bids and other paper documentation should be sent to the Purchasing Office referencing the IRIS requisition number.

SOLE SOURCE PO

The department first gets sole source approval >>> Create a requisition (ME51) >>> First release of requisition (ME54 initiates Workflow) >>> Approval (Workflow/ME54) >>> Purchasing assigns the requisition to a buyer (MASSREQ) >>> Buyer assigns material group (MASSREQ) >>>

[Optional steps:

u2022 Create RFQ with reference to requisition - price, terms, and conditions verification from sole source vendor, if necessary for RFQ (ME41)

u2022 Release RFQ (ME45)

u2022 Maintain RFQ u2013 date and time received (ME47)

u2022 Maintain RFQ u2013 price, shipping terms, payment terms, etc. (ME47)

u2022 Price analysis/Bid tabulation (ME49)

u2022 Send RFQ results to the department with memo

u2022 Department reviews and returns with approval to Purchasing]

>>> Create PO with reference to the RFQ or Requisition (ME21N) >>> Release PO (ME28) >>> Department receives material ordered >>> Department pays invoice (MIRO)

CREATE PURCHASE CONTRACT

[Optional steps:

u2022 Create requisition (ME51) )

u2022 First release of requisition (ME54 initiates Workflow)

u2022 Approval (Workflow/ME54)]

>>> Create RFQ with reference to requisition (ME41) >>> Release RFQ (ME45) >>> Maintain RFQ - date and time received (ME47) >>> Maintain RFQ - price, shipping terms, payment terms, etc. (ME47) >>> Price analysis/Bid tabulation (ME49)

[Optional steps:

u2022 Send RFQ results to department with memo

u2022 Department reviews RFQ and returns award recommendation to Purchasing]

>>> Create Framework Order for payment document (ME21N Framework Order document) >>> Release Framework Order (ME28) >>> Create contract (ME31K) >>> During create contract step, place the Framework Order number in the Requirements Tracking field and the Framework Order payment Text field (The Framework Order number will be used in the Reference field when paying invoices) >>> Change Framework Order (ME22N) u2013 change Framework Order Short Text field to u2018Payment Framework Order for Contract XXXXXXXu2019 >>> In Requirement Tracking field, place the contract number >>> Ensure validity dates of the Framework Order and that they match the contract >>>Department makes calls/orders against contract using contract number. Department may make phone call, e-mail, etc. Department furnish the department delivery and invoice address at the time of the order to the contract vendor >>> Department receives material ordered >>>Department pays invoice with reference to the Framework Order number (MIRO).