Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in display from drop down list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In Module Pool Program i have kept a dop down list. When you select a value the I/O Field not displaying the whole value.

For Example if drop down list contain 'PA000|5|Hr Master Table (Organsation Assignment) and if i select this, the list box is showing only 'PA000|5|Hr Master Table ' where others got truncated.

Could anyone help on this to rectify it.

6 REPLIES 6

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In dropdown field attributes extend Visible length to i.e 50, so your data can fit.

Regards

Marcin

0 Kudos

I have kept the visibe length as 75. then also it getting truncated

0 Kudos

Ensure you have reserved enought length for description field in table you are passing to listbox:

DATA: BEGIN OF list_tab OCCURS,
        keyfield type ....
        description TYPE char70,  "reserve i.e. char 70
       END OF list_tab.

Regards

Marcin

0 Kudos

HI..

Both the screen field size and structure size is same. But it getting truncated.

The drop down list is in small letters, where the selected one shows in capital letter. MAy be because of that?

0 Kudos

Not sure about capitals, but right now I can see similar effect in my program where I don't distinguish letter size.

In lisbox attributes I changed Def.length to be excatly the same as Vis.length and it is not truncating anymore. I think this is because the field is connected to keyfield of table, not its description. As long as you set Def.length to be >= than keyfield size, it will in worst case return entire keyfield for an entry. If key field is shorter than Def.length, there should be still some space to fit a part of description too.

Hope this helps

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved the issue.

It got truncated because the drop down list values are in small letters, after selection the field value was in capital letters. So I populated the down list values to capital letters. So, the selction of values is not truncated.