Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Confirmations - Long Text Flag

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to build an application that collects data for PM confirmation outside of SAP. Then an SAP interface program will read this data and create the confirmation in SAP. Currently, I'm using the Function Modules - BAPI_ALM_CONF_CREATE to create the confirmation and SAVE_TEXT to update the long text. The issue I have is there is no field to mark the Long Text Flag in either function module. The data (long text) is stored on the confirmation, but the flag is not set. Is there another function module that I can use or any other ideas? Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

set 'X' to BAPI_ALM_TIMECONFIRMATION-COMPLETE.

chekc it now

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

set 'X' to BAPI_ALM_TIMECONFIRMATION-COMPLETE.

chekc it now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I tried the "Complete" field but that is used as an indicator for "No Remaining Work Expected" and not used for Long Text Indicator.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I face the same issue. Did this issue get resolved? If yes, please let me know how you solved this.

Thanks,

J John

former_member186099
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you tell me the table and the field which act as the indicator.

And also i think you are using Zwrapper to perform this, so send ur code so that i can check and tell you can achieve the requirement.

Thanks,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm still using the first two function modules to create the confirmation and to update the long text. I added the following code to set the long text indicator on the confirmation:

• Select the confirmation record

select single * into w_afru

from afru

where rueck = conf_no

and rmzhl = conf_cnt.

• If found, update the text field. This sets the long text field

if sy-subrc = 0.

w_afru-txtsp = 'E'.

update afru from w_afru.

commit work and wait.

endif.

The long text indicator is set when the field TXTSP is set to an E. Hopefully, this will help you. If not just email (jwhess@nppd.com) me and I'll try to help you.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. My issue got resolved.

J John