Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help, URJENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have done my B.E in Electronics and Communication.

And I am good at C, C++, VB 6, .NET, Unix, Linux.

and I done know Java

Manny of my friends have similar educational back ground, and they have done SAP-SD and are working as consultants. They suggested me to do either SAP-SD or SAP-BW and they did not recommend ABAP.

But I am finding SAP-SD difficult to understand. What module should I choose.

Please suggest. Which module has lots of job scope, I heard ABAP does not have much job scope. I am confused.. please suggest...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If u hv an experience as a programmer u shud move ahead with ABAP as its technical module and ur knowledge will help u to understand ABAP i mean bcoz of a programming bayground it will be easier 4 u to grasp things!!!

Hope this helps u 2 decide.

Regards,

Seema.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Anand,

It wouldnt be write on your part to get into SD.

You have very interesting background with lot of technical knowledge.

SD consultants are the ones who have domain knowledge and have worked in industry and have a better understanding of things in SD.

Ideally thats the way it should be.

there is always goin to be scope for ABAP consultants.

Add to it, you also know JAVA.

You can also learn Netweaver.There is a great demand for Netweaver consultants.

I suggest you to stick with technical background and eventually move to functional.

Direct jumps might be hazardous!!

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anand,

To move into sap with tech. background,abap is the best one. There is also a lot of future in netweaver.

speaking about job scopes, as the no. companies implementing erp wud be less in number,i think u will find a lot of opportunities in .net or java.

reward if helpful.

regards,

keerthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

whatever you have done was good and you can built a good career on that, but anyway you want to swichover to sap which is really a good decision.

but whats your own decision,i mean to say what your mind and heart is telling to do, whatever thing you have mentioned in the query is very good, you have already a very good exposure in verious segments .

if you do feel that you can cope up with the kind of competition in sap in the present secnario than you can come , no prob in that.

people use to say many things, they use to say there is no market for this or that than how the pepole are getting job.

job is not like a sweet that whenever you want you can enjoy that.

whatever you do you have to face the competition,so i would suggest you to think twice before coming to sap, i am confident that you can do better in other areas in java ,.net or unix.These are also hot topics and very rare people are availabe in particular java and unix.

if you want to do sap i would suggest you to do abap because i am a abaper and it is really an interesting job to do.

if helps plz reward points.

thanks

mrutyun

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do ot have any functional experience, I have finished my Engineering in 2004, and I have 1 Year experience as programmer.

But most of the opennings I have seen are for functional and openings for ABAP is very less I believe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If u hv an experience as a programmer u shud move ahead with ABAP as its technical module and ur knowledge will help u to understand ABAP i mean bcoz of a programming bayground it will be easier 4 u to grasp things!!!

Hope this helps u 2 decide.

Regards,

Seema.