Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Tuning - unavoidable nested loops.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to improve the performance of unavoidable nested loops.

In TIPS&TRICKS of SE300 tool i got PARALLEL CURSOR method to improve the nested loop performance.

I took one program and tested by using both methods...below is the conclusions..

Overall execution time is less in case of PARALLEL CURSOR but time taken in database execution is more in this method (As per SE tool analysis)

Overall execution time is more in case of straight forward nested loops but time taken in database execution is less in this method (As per SE tool analysis)

My doubt is WHICH METHOD I CAN USE....

Please guide me....

Thanks in Advance

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jan 19, 2009 11:23 AM

Please use meaningfull subject titles

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

While using nested loops...if you have any database fetching statements like Select inside the loop, then better to write a select outside the loop first then, use read statements to read these fetched data as per the selection criteria within the loop.By doing this you can make use of the parallel cursor method very well and the performance of your code will be surely improved as you have not kept any database related statements within the loop.

Regards,

Asha

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why not continue here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the following links

/people/siegfried.boes/blog/2007/09/05/the-sql-trace-st05-150-quick-and-easy

/people/siegfried.boes/blog/2007/11/13/the-abap-runtime-trace-se30--quick-and-easy

Regards,

Madhu