Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance - Regarding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Which method is better in the case of performance tuning.

I think we have options ST05, SE30, SM50.....

Plz. give me clarification.

Thanks in advance

venkat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Guess ST05 is better. There is an option of EXPLAIN SQL try using that options which gives u the details of the cost involved in a SQL statement used in the program. The higher the cost of the statement the more is the performance issue.

But i believe it all depends on the individual. Try to look into the select statements. Most of the time these are the culprits.

Cheers

VJ

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Guess ST05 is better. There is an option of EXPLAIN SQL try using that options which gives u the details of the cost involved in a SQL statement used in the program. The higher the cost of the statement the more is the performance issue.

But i believe it all depends on the individual. Try to look into the select statements. Most of the time these are the culprits.

Cheers

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no straight forward answer for this. Each of these transaction does a different thing for you.

SE30 - gives you a run time analysis and points out the issues more at design time.

ST05 - Is the most useful if you want to track time taken for execution of each of the sections.

SM50 - Will give you a work process overview, not sure at a program level how can it help you.

Some times you will have to use a combination of SE30 and ST05.

I would like to use St05 personally.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

the tcode that you have mentioned is no doubt is good and people use them very often,and you might have already got some clarification about them,

here i am going to give you some tcodes ,try them while checking the performance issue, i hope these work better than these three tcodes

SLIN-ABAP PROGRAM EXTENDED SYNTAX CHECK

SCI-CODE INSPECTOR

THANKS

MRUTYUN