Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Processing with BDC call or Call Transaction?

former_member282589
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

I've wrote CBO Program with BAPI Call, and it works great (with minor problem - table lock error with 531 mvt type - just clear report and do again).

As said here ( Parallel Processing Prerequisite - should not start a new internal session | SAP Community )

It seems Parallel processing with Call transaction, which are needed for BDC call, are limited with current users session.

So.. If test report program is trying to open new session but there is no left session for user, it just give dump and program is terminated.

The question is : Is there a solution of this situation?

First of all, There is no BAPI call for current process - so can't switch process to BAPI (If I found one, I just rewrote whole program)

Second, It would be great I can bypass the session limit, but change max session dynamically for left session of this user, but it seems there is no system variable for monitoring current session AND max session of this user.

Anyone have experience of this situation? Any help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7

RAF
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try sy-modno.

https://answers.sap.com/questions/12349126/getting-current-session-number-or-mode-number-at-r.html

Maybe you can ask your requirement if there is no BAPI? Posting a goods movement (your error indicates this) should be possible with BAPI...

KR

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're talking about the maximum number of External Sessions inside one User Session. It's the same limit as in dialog when you open new windows (Ctrl+N).

So, it's not limited to Call Transaction, it's just the concept of RFC, and the concept of maximum External Sessions in one User Session.

What is your code? If it's Parallel RFC (SPBT function modules), it's well described in the documentation how to proceed.

0 Kudos

I think I can utilize this function to find maximum session - Thanks a lot!

But.. There is a one more question -- If BAPI or BDC don't associated with dump ( maximum session reached), Why my BAPI session doesn't have any error? It seems odd. I'm pretty sure there'll be more session than I can open (so called session > my maximum session)

Well, There is no error for now (we're using that report only start of month, which are creating 30,000+ GI posting documents) - It's just sheer luck, or the mechanism of working BAPI and BDC are different?

0 Kudos

The error "maximum number of Sessions" only happens when RFC is called from a SAP GUI session, and either displays screen or runs Batch Input (AKA "BDC"). It doesn't happen when there's no screen implied, or if you call your RFC from a background job.

former_member282589
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,
It's aRFC-type RFC (Not SPBT ones), so there is no documentation as i know of, sadly.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, my previous comment was wrong but the forum don't let me delete it. I added an answer instead.