Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwrite existing Domain values with new one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an existing database (It is not an SAP table, it was made for client, but I am not supposed to modify it). But, my issue is that, I have to change the values of domain used in it to new values.

For e.g.

Current Values are 1 - ADD, 2 - NOT POSSIBLE and so on

New values to be added: 1 - ADDITION 2- ADDITION NOT POSSIBLE.

I tried using 'Fixed Value Append', but I want to overwrite the values with new ones.

Please suggest me if there is any method to do it.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the table DD07T, enter values, select the details and click on change, then change the description

Shiva

former_member193284
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ashlesha,

Ideally you have to change the domain if you want to change the text for the domain value.

One option i can suggest is write a program which will read data from DD07T and then modify the description using MODIFY statement for database table this was you will change the text for the domain values.

Thanks

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't understand if it a Z-table what is the problem in changing domain and why you are not supposed to change it since the task is assigned to you.

Anyways, even if you write a code to change domain values, you would have to then get it moved to production for changes to reflect. Also, I don't think you would have the authorization to change table entries directly. Also this will result in inconsistency in various clients for domain values..

The better solution would be, get authorization to change domain values, create transport request for this and get it moved to subsequent systems.

Thanks.

Ravi

derrick_hurley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Desai,

It is not possible without a modification I'm afraid. The fixed value append is exactly that, an append unfortunately.

You should notify the author of the fixed values to change their respective descriptions if this is the business requirement etc.

Best regards,

-Derrick