Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

output not triggered....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I tried to find solution for this in forum, but could not... In my case,

When user creates a shipment using VT01N/VT02N and clicks the planning button and then clicks on save button, I need a custom idoc to be sent to SAP PI.

I tested sending this idoc from WE19 to PI and it is working fine...

But the output type is not triggering from VT01N/VT02N. I am not sure which of the config setting is wrong. Can someone point out which setting is missing/may have issues.

Also, I did an output determination analysis and it shows me a green entry which means it chose the custom output type and related access sequence. But then why is idoc not generated. I have put a break point in the custom function module in which I populate the custom idoc segment.

Please help to fill in the gaps ...

1. I checked in NACE, under V7 - Transportation, there is my custom output type ZEDI, with partner functions set as

EDI - LS - Logical system

EDI - CR - Carrier

I am not sure if this is correct !!

Processing routine points to RSNASTED, EDI_PROCESSING.

I checked the condition records tab...

The shipment type ZOUT is configured there, with one entry

ZOUT - DESCP - LS - logical system name i.e. PI system name - medium as 6.Date/Time as 3.

Again I am not sure if this is failing !!

Procedure tab does not have any entry related to this.

Access sequence also does not have any entry.

The partner profile (WE20) entries as as follows;

for the PI partner, Partner role is LS, message type is SHPMNT, under outbound params.When I double click that I see receiver port set, basic type has custo idoc name, Message control tab has V7 - ZEDI - process code ZSSS. And that process code is bound to the custom function module where I fill the idoc segment.

But finally I do not see any idoc generated !!

Please advise.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

posted this question in ERP forum.