Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output determination enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have SD module implemented with output determination for print/fax/edi. i have a request to enhance this functionality. the details of the requirement below.

when user creates Sales order and go to output and enters a specific output type a pop up should come up to enter a email id/or use any field on the communiacation metod to enter the e-mail. once user saves this output, an email should be sent to this user.

do you guys know how can acieve this .

1. Without modifying SAP code

2. Can i update customer master with multiple email id's

any help in this regard is appreciated.

regards,

harprit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it would be easier to implement the following :

- User updates text field (or any special field you add to VBAK for example) in the order with e-mail if notificaiton should be sent

- you add output type into output determination procedure and in the requirement routine for this output type (I would assign routine in teh access sequence rather than output procedure in this case) you check text field and if e-mail is there -> generate output, if e-mail is not there - do not trigger output.

- in the print program before opening the form you need to populate ITCPO structure with proper values.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it would be easier to implement the following :

- User updates text field (or any special field you add to VBAK for example) in the order with e-mail if notificaiton should be sent

- you add output type into output determination procedure and in the requirement routine for this output type (I would assign routine in teh access sequence rather than output procedure in this case) you check text field and if e-mail is there -> generate output, if e-mail is not there - do not trigger output.

- in the print program before opening the form you need to populate ITCPO structure with proper values.