Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one time updation of a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a custom table with plant as one of its Field .In production , We need to maintain this his table wherever the plant value is blank to a default value given . It is a one time activity.

What are the different ways of doing this ? .It has table maintainance .. but the volume of data is huge .

Please let me know the different kind of options . Thanks !!

Regards ,

Dharma .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can develop a small utility program for this requirement.

Use UPDATE statement and set the default value for the records which has plant value as blank.

Update Dbtab set fieldname = default value

where plant = space.

I think this will work

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may write a simple program to Upload the data using INSERT Command.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your response ..It needs an utility program and that need to be moved into production . Instead , Can we make use of existing Table maintainance generator for that table ?

Regards ,

Dharma .

0 Kudos

Hi Dharma,

Unfortunately. I dont think there is any way to do this rather than moving transporting smthing to Production.

Regards

Shital

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your response ..It needs an utility program and that need to be moved into production . Instead , Can we make use of existing Table maintainance generator for that table ?

Regards ,

Dharma .

0 Kudos

Please ignore my previous message !!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharma,

It can be done by using a report and using MODIFY statement.

I dont think this can be done at table level at a GO.

I have done in the similar way.

Regards,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We cannot change in the production server as it is, waht ever changes we have to do it in the devlopement server and transport them to production via quality.

We can achieve the requirement by the events in table maintaince generator, check with the event 18 and 21. The below changes are done in workbench request.

1. provide the authorization for doing changes for the field plant.

2. check the emptiness of the field plant, if it is iniial assign the default value to the field.

3. transport the workbench request to production.

Hope it may help,

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can develop a small utility program for this requirement.

Use UPDATE statement and set the default value for the records which has plant value as blank.

Update Dbtab set fieldname = default value

where plant = space.

I think this will work