Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OFFICE 2007 file attachements in SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our existing application, the mails along with attachments are sent by using the function module 'SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1'.

The attachments having four letter extension (DOCX, XLSX, PPTX,....) are not opened properly.

When I do analysis I find that the document extension is supported for 3 characters only (PACKING_LIST-DOC_TYPE).

Please provide solution to send the files as attachment which are having four characters extension.

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

The FM SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 can be used only to send formats prior to 2007 formats. You can send the documents in same format as office 2007 supports previous formats.

Please go through the following links

[ http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1291137];

[[http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1224671]

Regards,

Aravind.

Edited by: Aravindhan Palanivel on Feb 16, 2012 8:54 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Thanks for your reply.

The forum link you had provided did not solve my problem. For my requirement the documents are already available in DMS.

The existing application is not working only for Office-2007 documents (four letter extension) and it is working fine for other documents (three letter extension).

Regards

0 Kudos

The ancient API mail sends don't support newer file extensions/formats. However, it appears that you may be able to do what is needed with the current email technology in SAP, which is class BCS.

If I were in your situation, I'd try the code contained in the SAP demo programs named like BCS*, particularly BCS_EXAMPLE_5 and BCS_EXAMPLE_7 and perhaps BCS_TEST09, for sending attachments for WinWord and Excel.