Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUMBER_GET_NEXT - Doesnt Get the Next Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Everyone,

i made a change to the current number of a NUMBER RANGE OBJECT..

and ever since.. the FM : NUMBER_GET_NEXT.. is not getting the next number.

instead it goes - from 0 to 10 and then back to 0 ..

does anyone know why?

Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

7 REPLIES 7

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your configuration for the number range object in SPRO. You need to change the no range interval.

Regards

Prasenjit

0 Kudos

DO you mean - SNRO.. my number range interval is 0 - 9999999999 . i havent reached the limit yet.

0 Kudos

Hi,

In number range objects attributes check for 'No interval rolling' check box.

and directly execute function module from se37 and see what is the number retrieved.

And in any case FROM number cannot be 0. Check the number range interval and current number exactly.

Regards,

Ravi.

0 Kudos

Sorry the post three times displayed,

Regards

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hey Everyone,

i think i found the problem.. the issue was with the TYPE i was using to receive the next number.

at first i was using Integer. and that worked fine.. but then i realised when the number gets bigger Integer might cause an error.

So i changed it to TYPE N. so i think, it was receiving the last digit. that explains why it was going from 0-9.

not intirely sure...

anyways, i changed the type to NUM10. and it works fine now..

thanks everyone..

Former Member

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may need to check your number range object thru SNRO that "Main memory buffering" to be unchecked and " No. of numbers in buffe" to be 0