Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see the long text maintained for the message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an problem while displaying the long text for the message.

I have a custom message class and created new message with long text. And this message is displayed as information message and in the popup I am getting the help button (yellow button). When I click on this button the long text is not displayed which was maintained for this message.

Note: The message class is originally maintained in the German Language but the message that I created is in English language. Is this is the problem?

Kindly suggest the solution <removed by moderator>.

Regards,

Satish D R

Message was edited by: Manish Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for your reply.

The got the answer.

The message class is maintained in the German language, hence even the long text is also maintained in the German language, so if we logon to system in English Language, then long text wont be available in English and long text is not displayed.

Regards,

Satish D R

3 REPLIES 3

former_member200338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either switch the language or translate(SE91->Goto->Translations).

Make sure you transport it to other systems.

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should be some transport issue, please check with the Basis team on the movement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for your reply.

The got the answer.

The message class is maintained in the German language, hence even the long text is also maintained in the German language, so if we logon to system in English Language, then long text wont be available in English and long text is not displayed.

Regards,

Satish D R