Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Unicode leftovers - how to get rid of them

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we still have some reports not being unicodee compliant on out unicode ERP system. I want to get rid off them...

I queried the table REPOSRC with

PROGNAME = Z*|Y*

SUBc = 1

UCCHECK = ' '

and got more then 1000 results

How can i move those reports to a local package (with different name) and delete them afterwards? Are thery any functionmoduiles i can use to achieve that autmatically? Any other idea?

//Rainer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a "hidden" feature in SE03 "change object directory entries". Once you have selected the relevant programs and marked them in the tree display, you can enter "MASS" as OK-Code and change the package (and other things) for several entries in one go.

Also in SE80 repository browser you can mark several programs in a package and choose "change package assignment" from the context menu.

Lastly in SE80 repository info system (aka SE90 or SE86) you can also mark several programs and delete them in one go. There you can even copy a long list of single values into the selection.

This might be quicker than developing a special tool.

In any case check the where-used-list first

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi you can check the below program to make the Packages to a $TMP or a Local Package. Another option is going to SE03 and changing it from there where as you can do BDC also. Since you want to automate the process I would suggest to go for a recording/the Below Mentioned program because either I didnt found any FM . You can do it from SE03 with a BDC.

Or Else you can directly execute the program RSWBO052. Hope this helps

Hope this helps.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at FM TR_CHECK_CHANGE_OF_DEVCLASS to change package, and also look at TR_CHECK_TYPE to get the main object (e.g. function group or module pool for an include)

Regards,

Raymond

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a "hidden" feature in SE03 "change object directory entries". Once you have selected the relevant programs and marked them in the tree display, you can enter "MASS" as OK-Code and change the package (and other things) for several entries in one go.

Also in SE80 repository browser you can mark several programs in a package and choose "change package assignment" from the context menu.

Lastly in SE80 repository info system (aka SE90 or SE86) you can also mark several programs and delete them in one go. There you can even copy a long list of single values into the selection.

This might be quicker than developing a special tool.

In any case check the where-used-list first

Thomas

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx for the help so far, finally i found the FM RS_DELETE_PROGRAM and RS_COPY_PROGRAM which have done the job finally. Sorry, Thomas, you were too late

And at least you cant select any report by speciyfying type = I and uccheck = ' ' in your method.