Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New transaction does not execute program after transport

bryan_lanning2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a simple program that accepts two inputs and then queries a single table for the row that matches those two inputs. If a row is found, it writes out a value from a third field to the screen. If a row is not found, it writes a message saying that no row was found. I tested the program in the development environment and it works. I created a transaction with the same name as the program and tested the transaction in the development environment. It worked. I then released the transport and it was moved to the quality assurance (QA) client. Once there, the program still works if executed via SE80 or SE38. If the transaction code is used, it brings up the selection screen, but once both inputs are filled in and the user clicks the execute button, it returns to the SAP Easy Access menu without executing the program. It doesn't even hit the breakpoint that I have at the beginning of the program or the breakpoint that I have before the WRITE statement.

Why would a transaction not execute the associated program once it has been transported?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in se93 to create a transaction code.. make sure you are using the correct program name the the start object is maintained correct. Generally for any transaction/ report Program and selection screen report transaction) is used

11 REPLIES 11

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in se93 to create a transaction code.. make sure you are using the correct program name the the start object is maintained correct. Generally for any transaction/ report Program and selection screen report transaction) is used

0 Kudos

I created the transaction with SE80, but both SE80's editing of the transaction and SE93 go to program SAPLSEUK. The maintenance of the transaction doesn't appear to have a "start object" option. The settings are the same in both the DEV and QA clients.

When I go there in the QA client and try to edit the transaction it says that the package doesn't exist. Is that the root of my problem? Do I need to select a different package?

0 Kudos

SAPLSEUK its a program type of 'F' so you cannot create a transaction code for it..

0 Kudos

you are correct good

0 Kudos

I am not trying to create a transaction to SAPLSEUK. I simply referenced that to show that even though I was getting to the transaction editing through a different channel (SE80 instead of SE93), I was still arriving at the same place.

I have made the changes to the type of transaction and released the transport. It will be a few hours before I know if the changes enable it to work in the QA client.

0 Kudos

ok lets wait for "who hits the BINGO of 10 points".

former_member187255
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bryan,

You need to select the radio button with Program and selection screen report transaction while creating a Transaction code for the report...

0 Kudos

I only see that option when creating a transaction. Is there a way to change the transaction after it has been created, or is the correct way to accomplish it to delete the existing transaction association and create it over again?

0 Kudos

Hi

Run trx SE93, insert your ztransanction and press "change", so go to Edit->Change Transaction Type

Max

0 Kudos

what is the transaction type you are using..? is it a report program../

bryan_lanning2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone! That fixed the problem. 10 points to Jay for knowing the answer and responding quickly. 6 points to Chandra Ralla for indicating that the option they were mentioning was most visible during the creation of the transaction code. 6 points to max bianchi for the steps on how to change the transaction type after it was created incorrectly.