Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New one in ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,everyone.

I am a novice in ABAP programming. I want to know whether there are some specifications( or relation map) about predefined function modules and classes like swing in Java (or J2EE mapping)? Wish to get your help.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,Rich Heilman

But if I want to find a function module,maybe I should search in some packages( like swing in Java, providing GUI classes, or I/O stream classes), are they possilbe in ABAP? ABAP also provide some package of similar function modules? How can I begin with ABAP, although I am already familiar with ABAP grammar.Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Sort of like javadocs? Then no, not really.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,Rich Heilman

But if I want to find a function module,maybe I should search in some packages( like swing in Java, providing GUI classes, or I/O stream classes), are they possilbe in ABAP? ABAP also provide some package of similar function modules? How can I begin with ABAP, although I am already familiar with ABAP grammar.Thanks.

0 Kudos

Function modules are grouped into Function Groups. For example, the function modules used in sapscript programming are all stored under funciton group STXC.

Class/methods are a little different. Say you want to work with frontend stuff, you can use the methods of the class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES, there are all kinds of methods that do different things with the frontend.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

The way that I find best for searching for a function module, is going to SE37, entering some pattern as the name and searching. Then looking at the list, and inspecting the function module itself to see if it will work for me.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi ,

U can goto SE37 transaction code and type (SAY)

A* and press F4. this will get all FM's starting

with A.

similar with programs(need to goto SE38 transaction

code)

Regards,

GSR.

0 Kudos

Hi Feilu

Yes, ABAP has the terms packages. Each module has some specific package. all the programs, FM, tables related with that package will present in that package for ex. all invoice related programs , FM are present in VF package.

regards

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank alles.

Please give me some links about their packages description.Thanks again.