Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested Strucutre in RFC Function Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am trying to pass a nested structure(of TABLE TYPE, with tree structure) in a RFC , but its not getting activated when I am making it remote enabled, its giving message "Only tables with flat line structure are allowed in RFC".

Can anyone suggest how to activate the RFC with parameters having nested structures in it?

If its not possible then , any other alternative to send such interrelated data?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

I had the same problem with a RFC function module. I found out that it's not possible using a tables parameter, however with a import or export parameter this is possible. I choose to use them instead.

Victor

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of TYPE use LIKE while declaring table in RFC's Tables Tab

0 Kudos

It is not allowing me to decalre the tables parameter with 'LIKE' keyword.It is giving message

"Tables using LIKE may only reference flat structures".

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think passing nested tables to a FM (RFC) are not supported.

You can pass tables only.

Try to pass the nested table as another parameter (item data).

Regards,

Wajid Hussain P.

Edited by: Wajid on Nov 25, 2008 5:10 PM

Former Member

I had the same problem with a RFC function module. I found out that it's not possible using a tables parameter, however with a import or export parameter this is possible. I choose to use them instead.

Victor

former_member1245113
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Wazid said rightly

regards

ramc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Victor.

You deserve Full Points.

You have provided the Bull's Eye solution.

I am also able to call this RFC from a remote system.