Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to find how values are being writen in fields

S0004823299
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

How can I find out if and how a program is writing values on a specific field?

Situation:

A company as developed an interface between a Software and SAP. The file to be imported will post some financial documents in SAP, like Invoices or incoming payments.

The posting in the accountancy is correct, however the program is writing a value "V" in the field "REBZG" which represent the Reference Invoice. I don't know where this "V" came from and that is what I should find out.

Appreciate you attencion,

Kind Regards,

Miguel Barbosa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to check how the interface manages the file input and what it returns: a file for batchinput standard?, a session to run trx FB01 ?

Here the field BBSEG-REBZG should be filled.

If BBSEG-REBZG is not filled there, probably there a FI substitution.

Max

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to check how the interface manages the file input and what it returns: a file for batchinput standard?, a session to run trx FB01 ?

Here the field BBSEG-REBZG should be filled.

If BBSEG-REBZG is not filled there, probably there a FI substitution.

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

The interface returns a session of FB01 and the field BBSEG-REBZG is filled. The problem is that I don't know how it is filled because the input file doesn't seems to have that instruction.

So I think that in the program there must be any instruction that will fill this field, that is what I need to find out.

Any sugestion?

King Regards,

Miguel

0 Kudos

I don't know how the input file is, but probably the program returnign the BDC session fills that field.

Try to check its code: have you looked for word REBZG in the program?

Max

0 Kudos

Hello Max,

I've checked the code for the word REBZG, and it didn't find it.

I've been trying to find the cause and I've discovered that every document that came from an external Interface like this one or like CRM fills that field with the "V" value.

Is there any standard procedure that fills this field with a any value just identify that the document came from an external interface?

Kind Regards,

Miguel

0 Kudos

No

I don't think, but how the session is created, by a report standard (so your interface submit std report RFBIBL00)? or it's created directly?

If it's created by RFBIBL00, u can check the file by trx SXDB.

U should check also the FI substitution (trx OBBH)

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the File first if can find out the column in the file whcih is getting mapped to the REBZG .

OR

need to check the code of the interface where the value is getting calculated as 'V' i.e on which basic.