Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need replacement for Obsolete function modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a upgrade to ECC 6.0.

I need replacements for the the following function modules which are obsolete now,

1. card_characteristic_read.

2. ckml_f_period_read_with_itab

Regards

Kishore

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the online documentation of these FM's sometimes the new improved version is mentioned in it.

Also check in se80 for the function group if a FM can be found which can do the job.

1. card_characteristic_read. - I think this will work in ecc6 fine

2.ckml_f_period_read_with_itab - Check CKMS_PERIOD_READ_WITH_ITAB or CKMS_PERIOD_READ_WITH_ITAB1

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the online documentation of these FM's sometimes the new improved version is mentioned in it.

Also check in se80 for the function group if a FM can be found which can do the job.

1. card_characteristic_read. - I think this will work in ecc6 fine

2.ckml_f_period_read_with_itab - Check CKMS_PERIOD_READ_WITH_ITAB or CKMS_PERIOD_READ_WITH_ITAB1

0 Kudos

Hi thankyou for your quick response.

But the function module CARD_CHARACTERISTIC_READ is hown as obsolete in the RODIR table.

So can you please check and assist.

Rgds

Kishore

0 Kudos

"CARD_CHARACTERISTIC_READ" is not an obsolete. It is existingin ECC 6.0 and works fine also.

You need to replace the FM if and only if The old and obsolete FM is hampering your functionality.

0 Kudos

Same thing with 'ckml_f_period_read_with_itab'. So check the FUNCTIONALITY first.

0 Kudos

Right now we are not doing functionality testing as the project is in phase 1.

As the FM is hown as an obsolete FM we are trying to find the suitable replacements.

Rgds

Kishore

0 Kudos

@Kishor,

It is not necessary to replace each & every FM. it might worl in ECC 6.0.Still if you need to replace and not getting any readymade replacement there is one alternative. You won't be getting readymade Replacements for each & every Obsolete FM's.

So you need to take the source code of FM itself by making few modificatons. Hence go to SE37 and click on Source code.

Use it along with your modifications as a replacement.

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/NEW%2bFM%2bin%2bPlace%2bof%2bObsolete%2bFM

As far as i know you can use FM card_characteristic_read in ECC6 itself. it will work fine

Regards,