Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module pool screen refresh issue

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have searhed in forum but no related thread regarding this issue.

In module pool screen having custom container and module pool screen fields.

There is no selection screen in this program.First time, entering the Tcode in command field its

showing the report output.Again entering the same Tcode in command field, its refreshing the custom

container data(ALV ) but its not refreshing the module pool screen fields(ie while processing the Tcode

its still showing the module pool fields).But should refresh the module pool fields also.

How to refresh the entire screen while loading the program(ie processing the Tcode).

Thanks,

Bala

18 REPLIES 18

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you are using the single screen and handling the same for containers as well as module pool!

I think you have to handle it explicitly in PBO to clear the module pool fields.

if your container is initial! then you can clear the screen fields as well!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Container data & the framework can be refreshed using CWF=>FLUSH approach,which you are doing as it seems from your update.

Are you talking about data content of module pool fields, if so then why not initialize those fields in the PBO event of the screen ?

Regards

Ansumesh

0 Kudos

I have already done the CWF=>FLUSH in PBO event but its refreshing the data. But my requirement is,while entering the Tcode in command field for the second time module pool fields should go(disappear) and come back after the program load process.Now module pool fields still remain in the screen.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

What do you mean by program load here ? This requirement has nothing to do with that I feel.

I think as you do not have any other initial screen,running tcode once again gives the same screen ( which is actaluu a new screen) but you are not able to differentiate.

can you provide some screenshots...

And I guess you know how to make screen fields visible and invisble prgramiticaly by looping in the screen internal table.

regards

Ansumesh

0 Kudos

Ansu,

Yellow color marked fields are module pool fields.

1.First time entering the Tcode in command field getting the above screen shot.

2.Again entering the same Tcode,Yellow marked module pool fields are still remain.

But it should disappear and display again while entering the Tcode second time.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Bala first time how do you manage to hide them.put a break point in the code where you are hiding/unhiding them check what happen in both cases?

0 Kudos

Madan,

This is not related to 'Modify screen' issue.Need to refresh the entire module pool screen.Now its refreshing the custom container but not refreshing the modulue pool fields.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

You should understand the logic first! your module pool screen is depends on the purchase requisition number!

- if you run the transaction in parallel multiple times, need to check if any purchase requisitions are available in the grid! if not handle the module screen fields enable/disable with the condition.

-  this should be handle it in PBO with the LOOP at Screen!

- you have to handle it by the conditions based on the PR!

0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran.

I'm not running in parallel.Entering the Tcode in the same session.

0 Kudos

In future also multiple users can handle multiple times with the same transaction!

Check the criteria when you want to display the module pool screen fields!

thangam_perumal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala Murugan,

Please clear the field manually using clear statements in Module of PBO...

0 Kudos

Thangam,

Data is clearing for screen fields.But the problem is module pool screen is not refreshing.

0 Kudos

How did you manage the yellow highlighted section? Is it a subscreen using sub screen area ? If so You could call a dummy subscreen in PBO.

And I guess you have more than one container in the screen.Make sure you are flushing each of them n when it re-called illogically by entering tcode second time.

Regards

Ansumesh

0 Kudos

Ansu,

There is no subscreen.Two custom container and module pool fields in the same screen.Based on the ALV populating the module pool fields.Now container is refreshing but not module pool fields.

There is no illegal call if Tcode.

Thanks

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

Are there any SPA/GPA parameters associated with these MP screen elements?

If you start the transaction in a separate session the values are still retained, aren't they?

BR,

Suhas

0 Kudos

Suhas,

No parameter id used for MP field population.If i open the same Tcode in command field of same session it retains the MP fields and refreshing the container.

Thanks

0 Kudos

No parameter id used for MP field population

What do you mean by this? SPA/GPA Id is maintained in the MP screen element definition.

If i open the same Tcode in command field of same session it retains the MP fields and refreshing the container.

• If you open the TCode in a separate session are the values retained?
  • When you start the TCode for the very first time, are these fields pre-populated?

0 Kudos

Suhas,

I don't know why this question?

I'm not using parameter id to pass value to screen fields.

My issue is opening the Tcode in same session but no problem in separate session.

Yes, MP fields populated based on ALV.

Thanks

***Standard Tcode also having the same issue.