Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mini sap performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why in Min SAP, all the functionality is not working properly? Screen painter is not working. problem in creating new entries in tables and more. hav I missed something while installation or there is some setting to b adjusted. plz help.

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

For creating new entries in a table with SM30 transaction, the table has a maintenance view. Create a maintenance view with the table maintenance generator (SE55 transaction).

Screen painter is not exactly an SAP transaction, it calls an external program. Unfortunately I don't know the exact settings.

You might ask your question at the OSS also. They are a "bit" slow, but they will solve all problems.

Regards

Tamá

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

For creating new entries in a table with SM30 transaction, the table has a maintenance view. Create a maintenance view with the table maintenance generator (SE55 transaction).

Screen painter is not exactly an SAP transaction, it calls an external program. Unfortunately I don't know the exact settings.

You might ask your question at the OSS also. They are a "bit" slow, but they will solve all problems.

Regards

Tamá

0 Kudos

Thanks for replying. But why should I create a MANDT feild in every table. without that, message shows in status bar - application table should be client independent. while practicing in institute on full version on SAP, nothing such message apears.

thanks.

khan.

0 Kudos

Hi!

This works the same way in the big SAP also. There is a MANDT field in every table. This field makes the tables CLIENT-DEPENDENT.

You might see the differences between cliet dependent and independent:

- for example a table is client independent, because only one table exists in the whole system

- but the contents of that table is client depepndent, because of the MANDT field (which is the first key field) there may be more entries with the same key, except the mandt field.

For example MATNR-s are the same but they can be located in different clients:

MANDT MATNR

010 1000001

020 1000001

If you log into the 010 client, you will see only the 010 1000001 entry, because the MANDT field is handled BY SAP automatically.

Regards

Tamá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to apply the Latest GUI to get the Latest GUI Screen painter screen.

Take the help of some basis guy and correct it.

regards,

Anji