Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message type for BAPI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am configuring BAPI in the Distribution Model so I want to know the Message type for BAPI_MATERIAL_AVAILABILITY.so how to check for the Message type in BAPI.

Please let me know at the earleist.Answers will be rewarded with good number of points.

Thanks,

Kiran.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi check this..

Message type: S Success, E Error, W Warning, I Info, A Abort

you can see this in the bapireturn table of the bapi

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I have configured the BAPI in the ALE distribution model.To trigger this BAPI to the external system I need to add Message type to the Partner Profile.for that I don't know what is the message type for BAPI_MATERIAL_AVAILABILITY Function module.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u can use any type of message.

ex: success, error,warning..etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

As per my knowledge, message type doesn't depend on the BAPI you are using.

This FM is used to determine the receipt quantity still available for a particular material in a certain plant. So, this will not indicate the particular message type. But it is related to MATMAS message type.

So, confirm it from your FO for which message type they are doing this interface.

Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran.

I would like to suggest,

1. Go To Transaction BAPI.

2. In Material, Go To Get Batch Certificate.

3. Go To Message Table.

4. Check out the Structure BAPIRETURN.

But for IDOCS the transaction code is BD64 - Distribution and the Message type is MATMAS.

Hope that's usefull.

Good Luck & Regards.

Harsh Dave