Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB1A - LSMW error Formatting error in the field MSEG-GRUND

former_member406212
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm trying to create LSMW program for MB1A transaction.

I have done the recording by giving all mandatory data.

However, for one field - Reason for movement, I have maintained a rule constant 0006.

With this i was expecting that the program will write the default value for the data records from excel file being read..

But it is not happening that way & while readinig the file, system is throwing the error 'Formatting error in the field MSEG-GRUND; see next message - Fill in all required entry fields

When I checked it in foreground mode, system is asking to enter the value in field "Reason for Movement" even though it has rule.

Please see details below, any suggestion/guidance/poniters will be helpful.

Thanks in advance!.

-------------------------------------------------

I have applied rule constant to field “GRUND - reason for movement” but is failing.

When I checked it in foreground mode, system is asking to enter the value even though it has rule.

I trie deleting it from recording, even then it asking this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shaiz,

Run your LSMW in foreground mode and check whether the field MSEG-GRUND is being populated or not. Also whether the screen is changing dynamically based on Movement type.

Regards,

SaIRam

7 REPLIES 7

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shaiz,

Run your LSMW in foreground mode and check whether the field MSEG-GRUND is being populated or not. Also whether the screen is changing dynamically based on Movement type.

Regards,

SaIRam

0 Kudos

Hello Sairam,

Thanks for the reply, as suggested, I executed LSMW in foreground but the field MSEG-GRUND is not getting auto populated, though i have maintained a rule constant to this field with value "0006"

Below is how the screen is appearing sequentailly. Please suggest how to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Dear Shaiz,

How come your recording as shown below is not showing field "RM07M-GRUND"?

To include the missing field "RM07M-GRUND" to your recording follow the below steps.

Double click your field from the pop-up list

Double click to add name

Enter Name

Save and go to mapping and Map your constant value to the new field GRUND.

I hope the above solution will help you to close the thread.

Regards,

SaiRam

0 Kudos

Hello Sairam,

Thank you very much & much appreciate your prompt reply.

I'm not sure how "GRUND" field was missing from recording. I very well recorded it while creating the LSMW.

As suggested, I included the field "RM07M-GRUND" to recording & worked in foreground.

I tried many times both in foreground & in Background mode.

But when I execute or process it in background, I'm getting the following error message.

After executing in background mode then I tried in foreground mode, the follwoing screen appeared & later the transaction was successful

How to fix this & make it work in background. Thanking in advance.

0 Kudos

Hello Sairam,

I hope you got the issue that is occuring now.

It's giving above shown error when i execute in background.

Any idea how to fix this. Please suggest/help/guide.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Dear Shaiz,

I guess the screen fields are changing dynamically based on the moment type or on something else. Make sure you write some conditions under step#5 based on the field status group.

Regards,

SaiRam

0 Kudos

Hello Sairam,

Thank you very much again.

I'm closing this thread as the first issue has been resolved.

However, i will try to find solution to existing issue & update this thread.

Thanks & Regards.