Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum size of ALV Grid

sweetruedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

can someone tell me, what's the maximum size (maximum count of lines and columns) for an ALV Grid?

Kind regards

SweetRuedi

7 REPLIES 7

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No limit defined. It may vary. It dépends on SAP GUI version, memory available, etc.

Edit: And it will depend of network, if the internal table is too big, the user will have to wait for a long time...

0 Kudos

I have an ALV with more than 3000 lines and 62 columns.

I have the problem, that I get a dump with error MESSAGE_TYPE_X in program SAPLOLEA. The dump is be created in function AC_SYSTEM_FLUSH when calling the function AC_FLUSH_CALL, which ends with SY-SUBRC = 2. This makes a dump.

What can be the error?

Kind regards

SweetRuedi

0 Kudos

I doubt there is any problem with the number of lines and number of columns

When you have such a problem with a GUI control (CNTL_ERROR), this is due to the methods you have called before the flush. To locate the error, you should trace the GridView control at the frontend. More details in SAP notes, like SAP note 158985 (Automation: How do I generate an automation trace?) -> https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/158985

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am agree with Sandra. There is not limit of columns as I have also developed ALVs with more that 70 columns.

Regards,

Archana

former_member199637
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rudiger,

There is no limitation on number of rows for ALV output. But for ALV grid maximum 99 can be displayed at once in grid. More than 99 columns can be there in fieldcatalog, but only 99 columns can be displayed.

Error in AC_FLUSH usually comes because of inconsistent GUI version.

0 Kudos

Wrong and wrong.

Please do a little test, and you'll see there's no such a limit of 99 columns... I could display at least 140 columns

AC_FLUSH usually doesn't come from inconsistent GUI version, but from error in the ABAP. The GUI controls must be programmed a way which is often not verified by the wrapper ABAP class (cl_gui_alv_grid in our case), so an error occurs at flush time, when the control tries to interpret the data sent by the class.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK most limits were more or less removed version after version of ECC and SAP GUI (once upon a time we had some restrictions like alv list too limited to 90, grid to 99, even a maximum number of byte per record, etc.)

However the ALV consistency check  continues in some recent versions to raise an error 0K 544 when more than 99 columns are defined, and 0K 516 error when more than 99 are to be displayed. (check value of constant con_max_output_cols in function group SKBH)

Regards,

Raymond