Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Extract...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am facing a problem to extract data from SAP to Lotus notes.

this is my requirement.

Selection criteria for material extract out of SAP and send to the LOTUS notes ( <b>Must have selection criteria defined in order to create Data Extract program wihch will pull data out of SAP and send to notes on some regular time table).</b>

thanks in advance,

regards,

kannan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the data extracted from SAP should go to LOTUS notes, you can write small abap utility with the Material number range as the selection criteria, the data can be pulled from MARA, MARC, MARD depends on the fields and can be sent to Lotus using the following FM's,

LOTUS123_ALE_STANDARD_DAT

ALV_START_LOTUS123

You can schedule a periodic job so that the job will run in background and will send the data to Lotus,

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the data extracted from SAP should go to LOTUS notes, you can write small abap utility with the Material number range as the selection criteria, the data can be pulled from MARA, MARC, MARD depends on the fields and can be sent to Lotus using the following FM's,

LOTUS123_ALE_STANDARD_DAT

ALV_START_LOTUS123

You can schedule a periodic job so that the job will run in background and will send the data to Lotus,

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanx for ur quick mail. My Client need, Using BAPI to transfer the SAP to Lotus notes . U have any idea.

Kannan

0 Kudos

Kannan-

I guess you are trying to pull Material information from SAP to Lotus Notes. Assuming Lotus Notes is pulling data, you can use BAPI -> BAPI_MATERIAL_GET_DETAIL

However, if you are looking at SAP Pushing data to Lotus Notes, you may as well use MATMAS IDOC with ALE distribution.

Hope this helps.

KK

0 Kudos

Hello KK,

Yes iam Pull Material Information from SAP to Lotus Notos.

Can you explain detail. It will helpful for me..

Thanking you and regards

Kannan

0 Kudos

Hi Kannan-

I haven't worked in Lotus Notes but from what I understand, you should have some form of SAP adatper in lotus notes which supports RFC calls.

If yes, you can use it to make BAPI calls to SAP and fetch the information.

Can you give me more detail on what is available for you in Lotus notes

KK

0 Kudos

Hello KK,

I have to just ceate the BAPI, it will extract the Material master data send to lotus notes some reqular time table. I dont have any functioal specification on that.

They wants some seletion criteria so Standard BAPI its not suport on that. Can u please tell me What shall i do..

Thanx and regards

Kannan