Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to know if there is any standard method to upload material master, customer master, vendor master and finance master data into SAP system.

I am not referring to LSMW's, BDC's and using BAPI's. I am aware of standard programs like RMDATIND for material master upload, RFBIDE00 for customer master upload and RFBIKR00 for vendor master upload. But these are using direct input method and SAP recommends this only for testing purpose. I am not sure if this could be really used in actual live scenarios.

From some other posts in the forum, I came to know about some transactions like BDLR, SXDB and BMVO. Can some one tell me how to use these T.Codes?

If some one has any detailed documentation on these T.codes or in general standard master data upload techniques please send it to mylearningdocs@gmail.com

Thanks in advance,

CMV

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im also in same kind of need plz if you get any idea or doc plz send to me.

vimalmss@gmail.com

Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi cmv,

use of this tcode is

BDLR SAPLDX_REGISTRARegistration of transfer program

SXDB DXADMIN Data Transfer Workbench

<b>BMVO</b>

Direct input (DINP)

With direct input, data from the data transfer file undergoes the same checks as with the online transaction and is then transferred directly into the SAP System. The database is updated directly with the transferred data.

For more information, see the relevant program documentation.

There are two types of direct input programs:

Direct input programs supported by transaction BMV0.

There are two ways to trigger direct input:

Start the program directly: Note that the system does not generate error logs and that it is not possible to restart the system if an error occurs. This is only appropriate for test purposes.

Direct input in the background (transaction BMV0): In this case, you can restart processing if the program terminates or logical errors occur (material missing, for example). The ability to restart the system ensures that data cannot be posted twice to the database, as the program can be reset to where it terminated. Using the trace, you can correct or post subsequently any errors that occurred.

Direct input also has the advantage that it places little load on the system.

If you are working with test data, start the direct input directly. For the final data transfer, SAP strongly recommends that you use Transaction BMVO.

Direct input programs that are not supported by transaction BMV0.

Theses programs always provide error handling.

Defining attributes

Define the following attributes, using the F4 input help and F1 field help:

Name of a registered program for this program type

Variant

You can only specify a variant with programs that are started directly.

Note that with background processing, the input file cannot be stored on the presentation server. Access to presentation server files is only possible when you are working online.

<b>sxdb</b>

the DX workbench uesr interface has changed drastically from 4.5 to 4.6 in 4.7 and later u can still work with the old user interface via transaction via tcode sxdb.

This link will give use of psrticular tcode in abap

http://www.easymarketplace.de/transactions-a-e.php