Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MASS trx: locating new values for MARM columns in FM material_update_db

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to identify the changed numerator and/or denominator conversion ratio values from MARM when they are changed through transaction MASS.  These are columns MARM-UMREZ and MARM-UMREN.

A you know, MASS allows changes to the numerator and denominator columns.  The function module MATERIAL_UPDATE_DB has a flag (UPD_MARM) that is turned on when this change happens, but I can't find the changed / new *values* from MARM at this point in the execution in debug of MATERIAL_UPDATE_DB.

The table itself in the database isn't updated yet, at this point, but I still need to capture the new / changed MARM fields and write them to a file.  (I already have an enhancement built on to MATERIAL_UPDATE_DB that writes out the changed / new values from MEAN and other material master tables, triggered from the MASS transaction, but I can't find the working storage of MARM anywhere in debug.

Any ideas where the new MARM values are / how to access them from within MATERIAL_UPDATE_DB ?

Jeremy H.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Function module MATERIAL_UPDATE_DB has table parameter MEINH (type SMEINH).  Fields UMREN & UMREZ can be found in the SMEINH structure.  Hope that helps.

Eric H

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Function module MATERIAL_UPDATE_DB has table parameter MEINH (type SMEINH).  Fields UMREN & UMREZ can be found in the SMEINH structure.  Hope that helps.

Eric H

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Form "aendern_tabelle" and "nmarm_fuellen" in include LMGMVF10.

(Same Function Group MGMV)

Regards,

Raymond

former_member188724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check in debug mode the

perform nmarm_fuellen.

in the FM Material_Update_DB, hope this has the updated value.

Regards,

K.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for these replies.  Time has been short today, but I'll try to debug into these spots tomorrow and re-examine what you have recommended.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again, thank you all for your input to this.  In debug for my circumstance, Eric's was the most straightforward way to access the changed values.  There are in the MEINH table while in the FM MATERIAL_UPDATE_DB.  I'll be able to use these in my enhancement.

The changed values (again in the MEIHN table) are also available in the form nmarm_fuellen.  In this code however. my application exited quickly due to a failed CHECK HERKUNFT = HERKUNFT_DIAL.

Thanks

Jeremy H.