Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance View

guru_gp
0 Kudos

What is the purpose of having the maintenance status in Database Maintenance View? (However, data is going to be manipulated in the database instead of view )

3 REPLIES 3

anujawani2426
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The purpose of maintenance view is you can give particular access to that view. If you want maintenance view should be able to read and change the existing data into database table you can do it by selecting read and change option.

If you want maintenance view should be able to perform all operation you can select that particular access of the maintenance view.

If maintenance status is not there then how we will give access to maintenance view and if i want to give only read and change access then i will not be able to do that.

Regards,

Anuja Kawadiwale

alexis_scotts
Explorer
0 Kudos

A maintenance view is a special view for performing writes on multiple tables using extended table maintenance. A single maintenance view can be used to modify the content of multiple related database table consistently. A maintenance view is not defined on the database.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The field help documents these fields extensively (+ links to documentation).

What don't you understand in these documentations? (what is SM30, etc.)

I think you can also find lots of existing resources and answers in the Web and in this forum.