Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintainence View Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a ztable, and have used that table in maintainence view, but when i use that view in sm30 for entering the data, one of the field description is not coming it is just showing '+' ., what would be the problem .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

r u mainting one screen view or two screen view in talbe maintenance generator? just delete the existing view & create obce again.

reg,

nishu

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

utilities-->table maintinace genrator--->

now u come to the table maintinance screen---->double click on overview screen number

it open the screen.

now go to the element list tab--->text input /outputtemplate tab.

give the name there to + sighn which u want save and activate

kishan negi

0 Kudos

My screen painter is not working properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

r u mainting one screen view or two screen view in talbe maintenance generator? just delete the existing view & create obce again.

reg,

nishu

0 Kudos

I am maintaining one screen view only

0 Kudos

ok..

in view u c the parameter overview screen -

sppose u assigen screen number 2 there. just double click on 2.it goes to screen with this number.than in that screen there is tab for element list

in this element list there is sub tab for text i/o template go there and do the chages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check the out put length of the data element and field label of tht field..

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the ztable for that field u might have used a data element which has no description. If there is no description for a field then in SM30 it will be shown as +.

To solve this, for this field create a new dataelement and assign the dataelement to the field. Then goto table maintenance, delete the one existing, create a new one and activate it.

Now, when U go to SM30, u will see the description instead of +.

Award Points...Useful...

0 Kudos

I m using the data element which has description and it is also seen in database table while creating new enteries , but this description is not seen in maintainence view

0 Kudos

Please maintain the field label for the corresponding data element and then re-generate your table maintainence.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect answer