Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mails whenevr an inbound idoc fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any way I can trigger mails whenevr an inbound idoc fails to update in r3.With reference to workflow etc

Regards,

Arnab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arnab

On SAP release >= 6.20 you have the standard report RSEIDOCA available which can be scheduled in background.

Unfortunately SAP did not provide an e-mail notification mechanism for this report but only workflow. For our company I created a ZRSEIDOCA report having this e-mail function. For more details please refer to

Regards

Uwe

4 REPLIES 4

former_member195383
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At the end part of your Inbound FM for IDOC, just check the status of IDOC. If its failure then

U can trigger mails, by using the FM SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1.

0 Kudos

Rudra ,

I agree with you cent percent. But I if if the inbound or outbound program/ function module is standard, tehn how do I incorporate the FM FM SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1.

Suggestions Pls

Regards,

Arnab .

0 Kudos

If its a standard FM...then I will suggest you to go for a utility....(Background Program), that you can shedule on a periodical basis .That will send the mails..with the info. reg: the failed Idocs..

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arnab

On SAP release >= 6.20 you have the standard report RSEIDOCA available which can be scheduled in background.

Unfortunately SAP did not provide an e-mail notification mechanism for this report but only workflow. For our company I created a ZRSEIDOCA report having this e-mail function. For more details please refer to

Regards

Uwe