Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in mm01 after giving material number and I press enter and if I select views material description is coming automatically based on material number. I want to implement the same logic in my lsmw also I mean I am not entering any thing under material description in the input file but I want material description automatically but now what is happening is material description is showing empty in my lsmw after ran the bdc. Please tell me how to populate material description automatically based on material number. Please help me I will give points.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babji,

While you are mapping the target structure filed to source structure field, Below this you have one line, just double click on that one, it will display text editor, intext editor just write select single statment. pass the material number and all the primary keys of makt table retrive the material description.

if it helpfull reward it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At begin of transaction as u r able to access the file data. so use select statement and fetch material description for the particular material no. And move tht value to the material description field.

Reward if helpful.

Regards,

Karthick.