Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW SM35 Batch Input Session - Log w/o Session

capilano
Explorer
0 Kudos

1. I click Process button to run a BI session

2. It finished but can not see under Processed tab

3. I click Log button and see the log displays Session Status as "Log w/o Session"

What does this mean? How can I see the session in Processed tab instead?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, it means that all the transactions were proccessed with no errors. You only see them in the 'processed' tabs if there are errors.

But you can still see the session by looking at the logs instead of the sessions.

Rob

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, it means that all the transactions were proccessed with no errors. You only see them in the 'processed' tabs if there are errors.

But you can still see the session by looking at the logs instead of the sessions.

Rob

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, Rob. But I disagree w/ you.

Processed means no errors.

0 Kudos

>

> Processed means no errors.

Sorry - I meant the sesion overview (as opposed to the log overview).

Rob

0 Kudos

its due to the check at the session header level for deletion indicator.

Please before processing the session in foreground or backgound please un check the deletion indictor to do so -

in SM35, select the BI Session and duble click, on top bar, you will see a button for Folder Header, click on that it will go to the attribute screen for BI , un check the deletion indicator.

then session will be remain after the successfull load also.

0 Kudos

Thanks, Lokesh. Right on target. 10 pts

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

This means that the session has been executed without error. If in log w/o exits means, log is being created without session name, which means in case you can code your own log creation in abap code and check in that. Or while executing ABAP code check what is the session name that you gave and check once in foreground process and check in the log which you create.

Regards

Vinodh A