Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW Recording for CLW1 - Multiple entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing a recording in LSMW for Tcode CLW1. This I thought was relatively simple but I have an issue with the second screen after the first screen is processed. The second screen has multiple entries for this Hierarchy level. I am reading an excel spreadsheet that the users created for the Hierarchy level assignments. There are multiple records for the same Hierarchy level but with different Hierarchy level assignments that need to populate the second screen. Also, I don't know how many entries this second screen will take for the HL assignments. I know one of the business users told me one Hierarchy level has 98 different HL assignments! I have searched on the internet and in the forum to try and find the resolution to this problem, with no luck yet. I am hoping someone out there has had this same issue. I know I can add a loop to the LSMW code but I'm not sure how to handle it. I am new to LSMW (Also ABAP only a year) and am learning but need a little guidance if possible or maybe some code examples.

Thanks for you time and knowledge in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The same problem we have faced. As it is having multiple entries in second level. It is easy to do with BDC Program than LSMW. U can use table control logic in BDC, So that You can easily upload the data.

Rewardpoint if useful.

Regards

(YUGANDHAR.P)