Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW???Question on data errors in flat files..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a question here which is bothering me a lot.

Actually, I have lot of datas to be converted for which I am using LSMW with recording, because its really difficult for me to track the transaction and where the data is going in. So I am using the recording method which is easy for entering the data.

Now, the flat file which I am geting is from customer side which will have lot lot lot of errors, now which method is better, if I use Recording method is better or if I use IDocs or BAPI is better. What I have read from some technical documents is that, if there are lot of errors in the flat file, then using recording is best.. If we use, IDocs or BAPIs, is there a way that we can see all the data error which have not been loaded??? Also, with the recording method, I can see that there is a file created which will have errors, is there any such facility with IDocs or BAPI methods????

I am right??? Guys please correct me...

I will appreciate the answers in the form of points.

Thanxz, Warren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BAPI is Better, U can trace out the errors.

using Bapi return table.

Regards

Vijay

4 REPLIES 4

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BAPI is Better, U can trace out the errors.

using Bapi return table.

Regards

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Now, I know which are all the BAPIs I have to use for my data conversion, but can you tell me what necessary arrnagements I have to do in order to process BAPI with LSMW. Like is it same as that of recording method, that is, are the steps same or different in LSM WORKBECH, never tried it before????? Please let me know about it.

Thanks, Warren

0 Kudos

Hi Warren,

For every business application there will be a business object assigned.For example for sales order the bussiness object is BUS2032.This object hs different methods in it like create,change etc...you can use these methods in the LSMW.

So you will have to first find the business object for the application which you are using.SWO1 is the tcode for business objects.

Once you find the business object and method you can assigne them in the LSMW.Hope this helps

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

They are lots of way of doing it.

If you have any standard IDOC or BAPI used that instead of recording.

As said by you that you may get lots of error in the file in that case in mapping step 5 ie Mapping rule & conversion you can do lots of validation in events like end_of_record , begin_of Transcation etc., they u can do some validation if u find the error u can trap it & download to some file else not find u can proceed further.

hope this may help you.

Thanks

Rajeev