Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW - Problem with copied and edited Project - missing new field

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have copied an LSMW project to a new Project to load a Journal Entry to FI - Transaction Code FB01. I added a new field VALUT (value date) to both the Maintain Source Fields and Maintain Field Mapping Steps. The data with the new field shows up in Display Read Data, but it does not show up in Display Converted Data. This new field is the last field in the csv file, i added it to the end of the Source fields.

I think perhaps i need to create a new Batch Input Session, because when i run the Start Direct Input Program, one of the messages that comes up refers back to the original project name - not my renamed Project. --> "Session Name OLD PROJECT NAME was opened"

(The steps available on my screen do not include a "Create Batch Input Session" step, as some of the posted answers show)

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A basic thing: you have to restart the Read data and Convert data steps. Did you do it?

Otherwise, maybe just restart your session.

Sandra

5 REPLIES 5

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A basic thing: you have to restart the Read data and Convert data steps. Did you do it?

Otherwise, maybe just restart your session.

Sandra

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra, Thank you for your reply. I am not sure what you mean by restart. if you mean go through all the steps- yes, i went through all the steps again. I also exited out of the LSMW screen completely and went back in to my project and redid the read and convert data again, just to be sure, but i am still missing the new field in display converted data.

The only change i made to the Project was to change the name of the Project, subproject, and object and to add a field to the Source Fields and Field Mapping - for field mapping i used the default rule of Transfer(move)and my source and code seems to be correct - in that i followed the example of all the other fields. i also changed the name of the file where my new csv file was located, but i did not change the names of the read and converted data files. Perhaps i need to change something else? It seems to me that it is still using the instructions from the old project to convert the data. Thanks again.

0 Kudos

My second "restart session" was to say "log out and log in again" (not related to batch input session), in case there was a little bug somewhere.

Except that, I really don't see what happens! The only answer is to check twice, and again... Did you check the SAP notes?

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra, the data has now appeared. Thank you so much. I am not sure which thing I did made it show up, or if it was there all along, but i went through the process one more time, and i noticed the value date WAS showing up in my Converted Data - it was just closer to the beginning, when i was expecting it to show up at the end. I do not think it was there earlier, so possibly it must have been exiting out of LSMW and going back in that made the changes take effect? Anyway, I am thrilled. Thank you so much for your help.

0 Kudos

Good thing! I don't know what happened, but when there's something strange, the solution is often to log out/log in, then look at SAP notes, then shaking everything, and voila

Sandra