Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW for loading characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an LSMW object for loading characteristics, using RCCLBI02, CL20. The porblem is when loading multiple characteristics for a material in a single class, after loading the 1st characteristic, it tries to create the class (again), thus errors out. See example below:

Material____class___ characteristic_______ value

A_________Engines__STEEL_____________Y

A_________Engines__MGR_______________A

1st record loads fine, 2nd record errors out, since it is trying to create class Engines, which already exists.

How can one get around this? Ultimate desire is to just load the characteristics and values, as I have created the class itself with a different LSMW load.

Thanks,

Tom

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try the following Bapi's for classification creation

BAPI_OBJCL_CREATE

BAPI_OBJCL_CREATE_KEY

Regards

Anji

former_member214131
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know in how many data files you are supplying the data??

In your example you need 2 files. For ex:

1. Header:

Material____class

A_________Engines

2. items / Characteristics:

Material____class___ characteristic_______ value

A_________Engines__STEEL_____________Y

A_________Engines__MGR_______________A

I believe you have used following LSMW object:

Object 0130 Classification

Method 0001 Batch input

Program name RCCLBI02

Program type B Batch input

Hope this helps.

Best Regards, Murugesh AS

former_member554978
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try to Create LSMW using the below program...

Object 0150 Characteristic

Method 0000

Program name RCCTBI01

Program type B Batch input

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does work when I create the hierarchical file structure and verified that it will assign the class, characteristics and valid values to a material (using the directions Murugesh provided).

Is there a way to load the characteristics and valid values to a material that already has the class assigned to it? The characteristics and values were added after the class was created and the material was assigned to that class

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make a small recording to add/update a material characteritic in tx: MM02. In this step we will update/add a single characteristic value per transaction update (Please note that the characteristic dynpro in this particular recording would look different in recording mode).

Performance may not be high by this update but works fine if you are making a one time load.

Hope this helps.

Last but not the least, you may award points, if the answers have helped you.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/crphelp

Best Regards, Murugesh