Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW fails when run in B/G works fine in Frontend..why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am trying to runa batch process by LSMW, my files are accurate, no problem with them, everything works fine but it fails when run in BG..works absolutely fine in front end. whats the diff with running in B/G?

same thing happens when i am trying to execute an RFC thru SAP JCO, it works when debugger is on 9i guess switching on debugger is similar to running in B/G) but it doesnt work when debugger is off. but when i execute that RFC directly in se37 from SAP gui it works fine..fails when connected to JCO..

i am not having this issue with r/3 4.6c or mySAP ECC.6.0 i have this issue only in r/3 4.7.

has anyone faced the similar situtaion? pls help.

thanks.

p.s if this may help. the RFC and LSMW error both are pertaining to change in address of US employees.( infotype 0006)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are probably running an EnjoySAP transaction. These are not suitable for running in the background.

What transaction is it?

Rob

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are probably running an EnjoySAP transaction. These are not suitable for running in the background.

What transaction is it?

Rob

0 Kudos

for LSMW its the recording of transaction PA40 (employee hire fails when filling address details) and PA30 (change address) and same is the case with RFC..well its a BAPI_ADDRESSEMPUS_CHANGE.

To eloborate more..the error is..Fill in all the mandatory fields.

which i am very much doing..there are no hidden fields or anything..i have seen the screens etc..I AM filling all mandatory fields. infact i am not leaving anything unfilled., same scrren is going fine when in front end..i am just clicking ok..ok..ok and boom transaction complete..no complaints. but running B/G is killing me.

i have to run batch for 100,000 employees

What fails my logic is..its working fine in 4.6c and mySAP ECC.6.0 but not in 4.7

Hruser

Message was edited by:

Hruser

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be the fields you are trying to access it not avaliable in certain in screen and when you run in to foreground, it give you the message tyep S like "field is not exists in on screen", but when you run it in to background, it will stop processing from that point onwards for that transaction.

So, check out the log for the Session.

Regards,

Naimeh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced the same kind of problem when i was working in PSCD module....

at that time I put the note to SAP they told me that some of the Enjoy transaction are compatable for background running..

so u have to either use BAPI or other means to transfer the data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Applying SAP note 928273 Solved this issue.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

without seeing last post i have posted my answer

sorry

Thanks

null