Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Text is not getting displayed for Project Long Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to upload long texts for multiple projects,everything is working fine, but it is not getting displayed in any of Project Display transaction. I have tried using FMs "SAVE_TEXT",CREATE_TEXT" with INIT_TEXT" and "COMMIT_TEXT". Everywhere sy-subrc is 0 but am not able to see the Long Text in any Project Transactions.I have seen the SAP Note "138012" and updated the field TXTSP in PROJ but no effect. Please Suggest.

Thanks & regards,

Rock.

5 REPLIES 5

vallamuthu_madheswaran2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the FM 'READ_TEXT".

Thanks & Regards,

Vallamuthu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u cross check by running a READ_TEXT function module, if not then pass in your TDID, TDNAME, TDOBJECT details and

check if it returns the long text.

-- Dedeepya

0 Kudos

Hi Deepya Reddy,

I ahve tried using READ_TEXT and it is giving the text what I have stored using CREATE_TEXT but the same is not getting displayed in any Project related transactions(ex : CJ20N)

Hope anyone can give answer.

Thansk & Regards,

Rock.

0 Kudos

Hi again,

Debug is the key then, set a breakpoint in READ_TEXT and see if the key values are correct/same.

Might answer your issue.

-- Dedeepya

0 Kudos

Hi Deepya Reddy,

It is coming in READ_TEXT , everything is perfect. Got the solution though as per note '138012'.

I saw many threads showing this prolem but none found with the solution.

Whoever getting problem in updating Long Texts for Project definition,just update TXTSP field of PROJ manually then use CRETATE_TEXT function module,then long text will get displayed in corresponding Project Def transactions.

Thanks everyone who replied to this query.

Thanks & Regards,

Rock.