Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long text editor called from report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement of displaying long text editor(like the one used for sap script) for maintaining the details for each PO in report column.A similar example is transaction SO10.I will be thankful if anybody can help in this regard.

Thanks,

Sanjay.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You will have to create a new text object and text id using transaction SE75. Use Text object EKKO and ID A01 as reference. Then in your program, you will have to call FM EDIT_TEXT to open the text editor passing the new Text object, id and name. Since, in your case every PO will have a single text, you can use the PO number as the text name (TDNAME). Once the text is written, you will have to call COMMIT_TEXT to save the text to database. For retrieving the text, use FM READ_TEXT.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand, you need to open a editor for entering the text. You can do that using the function module HR_CALL_TEXTEDITOR. After you have entered the text and clicked on SAVE you get the data returned in an internal table EDITOR_TEXT.

You can then save the text to a text ID using SAVE_TEXT and COMMIT_TEXT function modules.

Cheers,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to use the FM: READ_TEXT, EDIT_TEXT, SAVE_TEXT to achieve this functionality.

This will basically open the text editor as a pop up box ( size will be as sap script editor) for entering some comments against a Purchase Order.

For this FMs, you 'll require Text id, text name, text object and language as parameters to be passed.

thead-tdname = 'Purchase Order No'. " Name

thead-tdid = 'ZQH1'. " Text ID - E.g. To be created in your system

thead-tdobject = 'VBBK'. " Texts: application object

thead-tdspras = sy-langu. " Language Key

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JLN