Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logic needed to pick only selected plants from a range of values entered in select options

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

my requirement is to pick the selective plants . if  the user enters in select option as 1 to 100 and there are 90 plants in the range available in the table .but in my report i need to display only 5 plants which i have stored in my range table .

suggest me a logic which will work 

thanks  in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member536879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dinesh,

Can you please explain more about this requirement. Irrespective of 90 plant in the range , on what basis 5 plants has to be displayed.

With Regards,

Sumodh.P

0 Kudos

already this report was developed for existing business but now the report should execute for allowing only newly added plants, then we need to change the existing logic. But, there will be issues if user enters a range of values. Validation of specific plants in specified range includes more logic.

0 Kudos

Hello Dinesh,

If you know the new plants, build a range for new plants. if the user enters the plants in ranges, delete the same which are not in the newly created plant range . So in both cases it will work only for the plants with ranges which you builed.

Thanks & Regards,

Sumodh.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Say S_WERKS has the 90 plants in the table.

If your range table R_PLANT contains 5 plants.

LOOP AT S_WERKS.

IF S_WERKS-WERKS IN R_PLANT.

Display the record.

ENDIF.

ENDLOOP.

So in this way you can show only the plants that are stored in your range table.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Tooshar Bendale