Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave to Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a transaction ZABC for my program.

The code is complicated , so on hitting back (F3) from the list I have to force the selection screen using

LEAVE TO TRANSCTION 'ZABC'.

Now the program runs fine , however the initial values on the selection screen are lost .

I want to retain those values. Please advise.

SAP Help suggested that CALL TRANSACTIOn will not work here as it merely calls the transaction. So if i use call transaction ZABC and the selection screen comes up and user runs the program again, then it will be a proble.

So, LEAVE TO TRANSACTION is cotrrect, but I lose the values on selection screen.PLEASE help

Regards

Dukhi

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use LEAVE LIST-PROCESSING.

instead of LEAVE TO TRANSCTION 'ZABC'.

or be a little more specific like it's a module pool program or list program.

Edited by: Tripat Pal Singh on Apr 28, 2009 4:59 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Tripat,

Thanks for your reply. It is list processting and not module pool.

A list was generated initally. Then I was asked to add 3 radio buttions on the selection screen for List output, Excel Download ( same list downloaded in excel ) and ALV ( same list displayed in ALV ).

Problem is, when I select ALV and run report, the grid id displayed. SO, when I hit back, instead of going directly to slection screen,

I am taken to the list.

So i forced the control to Slecetion screen using 'LEAVE TO TRANSACTIOn ZABC.

This gets me the selection screen , but I lose the selection screen value.

regards

Dukhi

0 Kudos

can you put ur code here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

By using SET PARAMETER ID &

GET PARAMETER ID you can retain the values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add the selection screen values to an internal table and export it to memory and retrieve it when you want and then delete the memory variable. This will avoid unnecessary clogging of memory variables.

thanks,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

try using

leave to screen 0 .

for the back command.

Former Member
0 Kudos

LEAVE TO SCREEN dynnr.