Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landsacpe

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

wt is meant by landscape?

thanx

sunnada

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunanda,

I shall assume that you are referring to the term <i>landscape</i> in the context of SAP....:-) Just Kidding.

SAP System Landscape refers to the various SAP systems that are used by an organization which has chosen to implement SAP and the connections between these systems.

This is, by no means the most comprehensive definition, but this should do for now.

For example :

In general, an SAP Programmer works (develops ABAP programs) in <b><i>the development system</i>.</b> Later, when he is satisfied that his program(s) works fine, the programs are <i>transported</i> to the next system, which is very likely to be <b><i>the QA/Test system</i>.</b> The program that was developed will be tested in this system extensively. If the test results are satisfactory and no bugs are found in the code, then the program is again transported to the final system - which is called <i><b>the production system</b></i>.

Now the way these different SAP systems are set up is called the <i>system landscape.</i>

It is a bit abstract term, so if you have any further doubt, please do get back.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Landscape it's the output for a print, for example take a letter page and print it horizontal... that's it's a landscape... are you talking about printing stuff?

0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

I must admit that you've got a great deal of imagination!! I never thought that someone could mean <b><i>that</i></b> by <i>landscape</i>.

By the way, any idea why that particular way of aligning the page is called Landscape ?

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

0 Kudos

lol, thanks Anand, i thought a little of humor won't hurt anyone..

By the way, i really don't know why it's called "Landscape" when you print in that way =(

0 Kudos

We need a bit more humor in this forum. Otherwise, we all will continue to be stressed out!!!

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Can't agree more , pal. Lemme see - I shall try not to let go of a single opportunity hereafter.

BTW, Sunanda, if you happen to come back to follow up on this thread, then please don't feel offended. As Rich had rightly said, we're just trying to de-stress a bit , but certainly not at the cost of giving you an appropriate answer.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

0 Kudos

hi anand

thanx for reply it clear my all doubt abt landscape n abt that de stress part its good one anyway thanx alot

regrads

sunanda