Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with incomplete method deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having an issue with my class. I had created a new method, then deleted it (and I thought all references to it). Upon activation, the method was still listed - but would not activate. When I was ready to transport, I chose 'activate anyway'. Well, now that I've activated, every time any method in my class is called, the program dumps. When I do a find, there is a reference to the deleted method. It's showing as line 1....but iI can't navigate there - I get message that the method does not exist.

Seems like I'm caught in a catch 22....any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lisa

I would try to outwit the SAP system by simply adding the deleted method again but without any coding.

For safety reasons I would add the entire class as transport object to your transport request (simply add R3TR CLAS <name of your class>).

Release the request and transport it through your system landscape.

The next time you have to change your class delete the obsolete method again.

Regards,

Uwe

4 REPLIES 4

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lisa

I would try to outwit the SAP system by simply adding the deleted method again but without any coding.

For safety reasons I would add the entire class as transport object to your transport request (simply add R3TR CLAS <name of your class>).

Release the request and transport it through your system landscape.

The next time you have to change your class delete the obsolete method again.

Regards,

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Uwe,

I'll give that I try and will respond back with the results.

Lisa

Patrick_McMahon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Have a look at Utilities->Clean Up under SE24.

Regards,

Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the help. I re-added the method, and activated. Things seem to be working in DEV system. (I've added entire class to my new transport request.)

Lisa