Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Evaluation Path

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had created one Evaluation Path P-P.

I want to retrieve all employees who are reporting to a particulat employee...

ex: A is the manager

B , C, D are team leads.

Again B is having 2 more employees.. B1,B2...

So when we execute for employee A all the B,C,D,B1,B2 need to be displayed. and I created the ZTEST ev path..

code of EV:

P B 008 S -> Geeting 'a' position

S B 005 S -> getting A' sub-ordinates positions

S A008 P -> sub-ordinate positions

and it is succesfully executed in PPSS..

i HAVE WRITEN A SAMPLE PROGRAM to test that...

eX:

GET OBJEC.

WRITE: OBJEC-OTYPE , OBJEC-OBJID.

but system is going infinite loop and giving the following error...

"\FUNCTION-POOL=RHAS\DATA=STRU_VERK[]"

Let me know whats wrong here.. and more over issue is person to person retrieve is not possible?

Regards

Sas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member209703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

What's wrong is this:

You are using two opposite links in the same WEGID, so this is what leads to the infinite loop. You should get rid of the first one and always start to evaluate with the current position of the manager.

6 REPLIES 6

former_member209703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

What's wrong is this:

You are using two opposite links in the same WEGID, so this is what leads to the infinite loop. You should get rid of the first one and always start to evaluate with the current position of the manager.

0 Kudos

HI Thanks for your reply,

But why it executed in PPSS and why not in report?

more over I have a report which uses PCH logical database, which we need to pass pernr and retrieve other pernr;s...

So how could overcome this situations. the suggestion what you have written is to pass position which is not possible I think

because i have only pernr's?

Regards

sas

0 Kudos

Hi

If you need to use the PERNR and can not use anything else, what you could do is, not to use the logical database PCH and instead use the standard FM RH_STRUC_GET and see if it return the correct data.

In your selection screen you can just have the manager's PERNR and in your logic, use RH_STRUC_GET to get the rest of Positions and Pernrs.

If RH_STRUC_GET does not return the correct data, modify your WEGID as i said and use the manager's position, which you can obtain with a single select to HRP1001.

Regards

0 Kudos

Well Till now report is running based on Positions, obsolutely fine,

But now the user wants to select the pernr instead of position, there I am struck off.

This is big custom report copied and modfied from standard report, so I think its bit diffculty to modify the logic,

What I am thinking is intaking pernr and at selection-screen output level I will retrieve the pernr and append it as position to the report.

Ps: Finally you mean Pernr starting and pernr ending shouldn't be there correct?

Regards

sas

0 Kudos

What I am thinking is intaking pernr and at selection-screen output level I will retrieve the pernr and append it as position to the report.

That's a good idea, however if you change the WEGID and leave it this way, it may give an error.

S B 005 S

S A 008 P

So I think the best option is to create a Z report in which the user will enter the PERNR (I assume the manager's pernr) and in this report get the manager's position through a SELECT against HRP1001 and then finally submit to the original report with the position data

Regards

0 Kudos

Well I got a clear picture now why this is happening is, For evaluation path Holder will default will come,.

Now for employee A we have 6 employees and A will also make 7 employees...

So its going infinite loop.

Solution one is to stop at position and work or that or else need to default them at selection-screen level..

Regards

sas