Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Creating Button in Application Tool Bar in existing GUI STATUS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>I have a issue in Creating Button in Application Tool Bar in existing GUI STATUS.</b>

In my Dialog screen i already have one <b>GUI STATUS[PF] as 100</b> in that i am trying to create a <b>BUTTON</b> in <b>Application Tool Bar</b>. After i typed in the Button text and hit ENter it is giving me error as <b>Function code PRINTSPI has not been assigned to a function key</b>

What changes i have to do to make it work (or) to be able to create a <b>BUTTON</b> in <b>Application Tool Bar</b>.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to assign a function key for the new button that you have created.

May be your button is not assigned to a function key. The System will provide the list of Function Keys which are available. Choose any one of them.

Choose a Function Key

( F4

( F9

( Shift-F2

( Shift-F4

( Shift-F5

( Shift-F8

( Ctrl-F12

( Shift-F10

Thanks and Regards,

Bharat Kumar Reddy.V

Please mark the answer if it is helpful...

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IT WILL SHOW SOME FUNCTION KEYS .\, CLICK ON ONE OF THEM ex f4,f3,f5,f6 etc and assign one to it.

0 Kudos

Hi,

When i put a cursor against Function Keys F5,F6 etc and Clicking on it - It is saying that <b>No inserts allowed with Function Key setting</b>.

This is one issue.

When i am trying enter some thing into Item 1 - 9 of APplication Tool bar it is giving message <b>Function code PRINTSPI has not been assigned to a function key</b>

Can anybody tell me what is the issue here.

One more thing How can i add Standard tool bar for this GUI STATUS [100].

Thanks,

Prasad.