Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it required to do COMMIT / ROLLBACK work while insert/delate/update Ztab

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Is it required to to Commit / Roll back work while Inserting data into Ztable or Updating or deleting Ztables...

Thanks

Chinna

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Itz not required, beacuse commit/rollback are done implicitly if u donot mention it.

But it is recommended to use commit/rollback explicity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not required. Even with the statement Insert,Update,delete...database will get updated.

Former Member

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it's not required... it will used only with sql statements....Querys..

Thanks,

ThiruKumaran. R

Former Member

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

It is mandatory to COMMIT or ROlLBACK when you insert, update data in a Z table.You can fix a no of records after which you can fire COMMIT statement. it is not necessary to COMMIT each and evey record . You can COMMIT 'N ' no of records with a single COMMIT.

But you should take care that it dows not put load on Application server.

Thanks and regards

Sourabh

christine_evans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> HI,

> Is it required to to Commit / Roll back work while Inserting data into Ztable or Updating or deleting Ztables...

>

>

> Thanks

> Chinna

If you don't do an explicit commit / rollback in your program, when you exit your program the system will do the commit for you - this is one example of an implicit commit. Implicit commits will be activated at other points also eg when you call a popup screen.

Personally, I prefer to program commits and rollbacks myself and not rely on implicit commits.